What is CLEP?
CLEP (the College-Level Examination Program®) offers 33 exams that cover intro-level college course material. With a passing score on one CLEP exam, you could earn three or more college credits at more than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities.
CLEP was created to help individuals with prior knowledge in a college course subject earn their degree efficiently and inexpensively. That prior learning could have taken place through advanced high school courses, independent reading and study, online courseware or textbooks, noncredit courses, or on-the-job training.
Important Things to Know
- CLEP exams contain multiple-choice questions.
- CLEP exams take about 90–120 minutes to complete, depending on the exam subject.
- CLEP exams are offered year-round at more than 2,000 CLEP test centers across the country.
- Students receive their CLEP exam scores immediately after completing the exam (except for College Composition).
- More than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities grant credit for CLEP.
Registration & Payment
- Register via the CollegeBoard website to purchase your Exam.
- CollegeBoard's CLEP fee is currently $89.
- Purchasing your exam will then allow you to obtain a CLEP Ticket ID# which will be necessary for setting up your test administration with UNTD.
- CLEP exams registration tickets are valid for 6 months after the date of purchase via CollegeBoard.
After you have purchased your exam you will need to make an appointment with UNTD's Academic Testing Services, by clicking the "Schedule a Testing Appointment Button".
- Test administration fees are $25 per test. If your exam requires a CLEP composition booklet an additional $10 fee will be assessed.
- Credit Card payments can be made online, students can also pay using cash, check, or money order at the time of testing. All testing fee payments are non-refundale.
Things to Bring
- Payment receipt
- CLEP Ticket Number
- Photo identification with signature.
- (Locker storage is available for small items)