Welcome to UNT Dallas Academic Advising!
Due to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 outbreak, our office is making adjustments to better serve our students. All appointments will now be a phone or a virtual appointment.
To schedule an appointment, please email Advising@untdallas.edu with your name, ID number, major, and the date and time that works best for you. You may also click here to get instructions on how to schedule an appointment yourself.
Advisors are available by appointment to assist students with their semester advising needs. Appointments with your advisor are typically 30 minutes and you can schedule follow-up appointments as needed. The first two weeks of each semester are typically only on a drop-in basis so we can meet the needs of all students trying to make adjustments to their schedules. Academic Advisors serve all current and new UNT Dallas undergraduate students.
Your advisors will help to:
- Encourage, explore and assist you with defining realistic educational goals
- Actively listen to your concerns, remain open-minded, respectful and maintain confidentiality of your records
- Explain and assist you with learning University Policies and Procedures
- Provide you with the tools you need to make informed decisions concerning degree completion
Academic Advising is open Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
Students responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Preparing for your advising appoinment
- compliance with university catalog policies and requirements
- satisfactory completion of all 'in progress' course work
- notifying your college of major/degree/catalog year changes
- meeting all course/sequence prerequisites
- submitting official transcripts of all transfer work
- applying for graduation during your final semester by the deadline listed in the schedule of classes
- meeting all graduation requirements as listed in your university catalog